We are a charity working with the travel and tourism industry providing young people seeking a
career in the sector with access to the skills and experience they need.
Each year, we support more than 800,000 young people across 16 countries by:
• Raising awareness of the wide range of careers available.
• Funding and shaping educational programmes so students can build relevant skills.
• Training teachers so they have a deeper knowledge of our industry.
• Through our network of partners, offering hands-on experience.
• Recognising outstanding talent and achievement through competitions and awards.
There will be a revival at some point soon and it would be devastating if we didn’t have new talent joining the sector to take us into the future. Through the GTTP as well as direct links with educational establishments and communication with students, we ensure the success of the future of our industry.
Travel is part of mankind’s DNA. Thanks to travel we meet other cultures, we discover, we learn, we trade, we create wealth for our communities. I am very confident that the travel industry will come back and may be faster and stronger than we dare to predict now – and even more resilient.
I am convinced there has never been a better time to join this industry, a lot has been achieved, a lot has been learned, but the best is definitely yet to come.